About the Department of Certification and Staffing
All schools and offices will be staffed with a highly qualified work force that promotes student achievement.
To recruit, hire, and retain highly qualified, diverse individuals to support student achievement through effective communication, management of resources, and systematic accountability to all stakeholders.
- Team Work
- Getting Positive Results
- Celebrating Our Successes
The Department of Certification and Staffing is committed to providing applicant pools for all positions in the school system through active recruitment, selection, orientation, assignment, transfer and promotion of all teachers, support services staff, temporary and substitute personnel, and student interns. The department ensures the fair and equitable opportunity for employment of high quality and diverse staff. Its major objectives are as follows:
- to fill all vacancies with qualified persons who reflect the needs of a culturally diverse county;
- to maintain the substitute teacher assignment and scheduling system;
- to conduct orientation programs for new employees;
- to assist administrators with position management;
- to assist in the adjudication of grievances and administrative complaints;
- to advise and consult with administrators in the formal evaluation process.