Office of Communications → Mission
Mission and Vision
To communicate effectively and provide useful information that supports student success and connects MCPS to its diverse community.
The MCPS Office of Communications is a national model for effective, innovative, and responsive communication and stakeholder engagement.
- Integrity – we require complete honesty and integrity and hold ourselves accountable for everything we do.
- Quality – we are committed to excellence as we strive to deliver high-quality products and services.
- Agility – we are responsive, flexible and adept at addressing the communications needs of our school system.
- Collaboration – we work together and strengthen partnerships to produce excellent results
- Innovation – we value creativity and innovation to continuously improve our effectiveness and efficiency.
The Office of Communications is responsible for coordinating systemwide internal and external communications. The office supports schools, students and staff: promotes family-school partnerships; supports school system central offices and business operations;and informs stakeholders, including the public, about the school system. The office includes two units: the Department of Public Information and Web Services and the MCPS Television unit.
Updated November 9, 2010 | Maintained by Web Services