Welcome to the QO Career Center
Career Information Coordinator: Maripat Moloney-Johnston
Meet with a College Representative at QO - see the most up to date schedule and register on Family Connections!
- February 8th - Gap Year Fair from 6-8:30am at Richard Montgomery High School in Rockville, preregister at usagapyearfairs.org/fairs
- February 9th - Gap Year Fair from 6-9pm at Wilson High School in Washington DC, preregister at usagapyearfairs.org/fairs.
- February 15th - ASVAB Career Exploration test will be offered for 10-12th grade students at 7:45am. Students must sign up in the career center. Follow up test result analysis will be provided. There is no fee.
- ASVAB Career Exploration testing for 10th-12th graders, please sign up in the Career Center by Wednesday, 2/17.
- Mid-year Transcript Request forms available from the Registrar starting on 2/12, forms can be submitted on 2/17.
College/Career Center Links
Opportunities for Students
- College Week Live - an online college fair
- SAT Prep Class - Montgomery College SAT & ACT Prep department will be holding an SAT Prep class at Quince Orchard High School starting January 22nd in order to prepare for the March SAT test. The class will meet after school on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:40 pm in Room 218
Visit the Maryland Workforce Exchange at www.mwejobs.com for job opportunities. Get your Maryland Work Permit Application online, once completed, see Ms. Stewart in the career center to complete the process. We also have information below about a great opportunity in Gaithersburg.
- Gaithersburg Youth Employment Program - details about this opportunity to get help writing a resume and more are in the flyer and you can complete an application to send back using the details and application form.