Transportation → Jobs
To complete an application online, follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.mcpscareers.org
2. Scroll down and click on "apply to support jobs" under POTENTIAL EMPLOYEES
3. Scroll down until you see the advertisement for Bus Operator. Click on the "Apply" button (located directly below the position title).
4. Create a username and password (make note of this information).
5. Click on "New User" and begin filling out the information.
6. Upon completion, please click "Submit." You will receive an e-mail confirming your application submission.
Once the application has been submitted, it will take approximately 7-10 business days for the screening to take place. If all requirements are met, you will receive a call to set up an interview.
Walk InDOT Human Resources Unit16651 Crabbs Branch WayRockville, Maryland 20855Directions (PDF)
Email:Ms. Abby Reyes-SalazarTransportation Staffing Manager
Ms. Rebecca HaleEmployment Process Coordinator
Ms. Debbie RobertsAdministrative Operations Secretary
Benefits are for all Full-Time bus operators except substitutes. Full-Time means working 20- to 40-hours per week. Yes, you can get FT benefits working less than 40 hours!
Starting Pay: $17.62/hour (once you obtain your CDL)
Bus operators are paid for all school holidays.
Four (4) days annual personal leave
Ten (10) days annual sick leave
Staff from the Safety/Training Unit will teach you how to drive a bus and administer your Commercial Driver's License (CDL) test on-site. Best of all, you'll be paid while training once you have earned your Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Learner's Permit with the proper endorsements.
Go to MCPS Careers
Many of our work locations are conveniently located on Ride On bus routes or near Metro stops.
For addresses and other information about our depots, go to our depot pages: