Damascus High School
7:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
MEDIA CENTER STAFF:
Ms. Ward - Media Specialist
MRS. WIACEK - MEDIA ASSISTANT
MR. CRESPO - MEDIA SERVICES TECHNICIAN
(THIS WEB PAGE IS VIEWED BEST IN A CHROME BROWSER)
Mission: The DHS school library media program's mission is to foster and encourage lifelong learning within a collaborative community
and create a culture of literacy.
IMPORTANT: please make sure you are using CHROME, or a browser other than Internet Explorer (IE) to view the resources as many of the following links will not open in IE. If you're at school, simply click on the links below. If you're outside DHS, you will need the usernames and passwords which can be accessed here via your school google account: DHS Online Resource Usernames and Passwords
- Use the catalog to create personalized, virtual bookshelves for books you have read, are now reading, or want to read in the future.
- Discover the top 10 most popular titles recently checked out by DHS staff and students.
- Check the new arrivals section for books that are new to our library.
- Students (and parents) can easily see what books they have checked out and when they are due. They can even put a book on hold right from their mobile device and it will be waiting for them in the media center.
- Looking for a specific book? Search by keyword, author, or title.
Would you like to get the Destiny app?
Get step-by-step instructions for loading the app on your smart phone or other mobile device (click on the Destiny Quest icon above).
When you download the app you will be prompted to enter our url as follows: https://destiny.mcpsmd.org
Remember that your login and password are the same as your computer login at school.
Other wonderful resources are available from the public library's website with your library card. Access free study guides for the SAT, AP classes and much more, download free music from Fregal, read hundreds of free magazines with Zinio, learn a language on Rosetta Stone, (free? you guessed it!). MCPL has so much to offer. Check it out and see what you've been missing.