This is Ann Dolan Principal at Gaithersburg Middle School.
Follow Principal Dolan for daily highpoints: on Twitter:
Please refer to our website with more details about our upcoming events this
- Congratulations to Zoe, Alisson and Myra for winning
first place in yesterday’s CONNECT Business Challenge at Thomas Edison
High School in Silver Spring. They competed against eight other middle
schools and pitched their business, Free From Hate, in front of three
judges and a packed auditorium. Congratulations to the additional teams
for participating in the Business Challenge expo where they confidently
discussed and presented their own business ideas. The club worked very
hard and did a great job representing Gaithersburg Middle School.
- Congratulations to the GMS Student Government Officers
- President -
- Vice President -
- Secretary -
- Chief of Staff -
- Historian -
- Thanks to Mr. Miller for organizing a wonderful Guys of
GMS field trip to NYC.
- Edwards and Ms. Paciotti lead a group of 6th
graders on a Trout Release field trip.
GMS Administrative Team Changes:
- Shawaan Robinson is excited to be joining the
Gaithersburg family as the principal intern next school year. Ms. Robinson
is an experienced administrator, counselor and teacher. She is a native of
Washington, DC where she lives with her mom and two sons.
- Sharif Robinson will be joining the administrative team
as an assistant principal next year. He is currently an assistant
principal at Bethesda Chevy Chase High School. He was previously a
technology education teacher.
- They will both be visiting GMS on Monday, June 3, 2019.
GMS Summer Opportunities:
GMS will have four summer program for GMS students this
- Team of Stars-Theatre Camp-Small Fee
- GMS Summer School-Small Fee
- Summer UP-Free
- Incoming 6th grade GMStrong Camp-Free
- Registration information is on the GMS webpage and in
the main office.
- Please return forms to the main office by June
MCPS Art Show
- Student work will be displayed at Montgomery Mall from 6:00
pm May 29- 4:00 pm June 3.
- Gaithersburg Middle School student artwork will be
displayed on Level 1 near Macy’s.
Student Service Learning (SSL) Forms:
- Final call for ALL Student Service Learning (SSL)
- All SSL Forms for service completed last summer
throughout this school year are due to Ms. Mesina in room 101 by Friday,
Graduation for 8th graders is upon us! Help recognize your graduate
with the purchase of a red rose! Available June 13 prior to the ceremony
at Gaithersburg High School. Cost is $5.00.
Monday, June 3, 2019
- 10:40-11:10 am Viking Time 3
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
- 8:30 am-3:00 pm GMS Model United Nations Conference
Rooms 701 & 702 (Parents invited to attend)
- 10:40-11:10 am Viking Time 4-End of the year
celebration for both SGA (old and new) and Minority Scholars during VT 4
and Lunch A on Tuesday, June 4th with pizza and sodas in the
- 7:00 pm National Junior Honor Society Induction
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
- 10:40-11:10 am Viking Time 5-You Have the Power to End
Thursday, June 6, 2019
- 8:30am – 2:30 pm Bridge Field Trip Smithsonian National
- 10:40-11:10 am Viking Time 6
Friday, June 7, 2019
- 8:30 AM-6:30 PM Grade 8 Field Trip-Hershey Park
- Student Service Learning Forms Due for Second Semester
- 10:40-11:10 am Viking Time 7
Monday, June 10, 2019
- 10:40-11:10 am Viking Time 1
Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- 10:40-11:10 am Viking Time 2-NJHS Celebration
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- 9:00 am- 2:30 pm Bridge Field Trip Adventure Park USA
- 10:40-11:10 am Viking Time 3
Thursday, June 13, 2019
- 12:30-3:00 pm Field Day for 6th and 7th
- 6:00-7:00 pm Grade 8 Promotion Ceremony-Gaithersburg
- 7:30-9:00 pm Grade 8 Dance- Gaithersburg Middle School
Friday, June 14, 2019
- End Marking Period 4
- End Semester 2
- 12:30 pm Early Dismissal Last Day for Students