- Fall Play Audition Week:
- Auditions - 9/17 & 9/18, 2:45pm - 5:00pm in the auditorium
- Callbacks - 9/19, 2:45pm - 5:00pm in the auditorium (invite only)
- Tuesday, 9/17 - Underclassmen Pictures will be taken during English Classes
- Tuesday, 9/17 & Wednesday, 9/18 - Clubs Fair at lunch in the Courtyard
- Thursday, 9/19 - QO U Schedule and Freshmen Elections through Social Studies Classes
- Thursday, 9/19 - Senior Parent College Information Meeting - "Nuts and Bolts of the College Process" at 7pm in the Auditorium
- Friday, 9/20 - Food Truck Friday from 11am - Noon - Sponsored by the Booster Club
- Home Football Game - Damascus vs. QO
- Ticket Pre-Sales & Season Pass Pick-up on Friday at lunch in the Auditorium Lobby
- Game Night - ticket booth & gate open at 5:15pm, kick-off @ 6:30pm
- Admission - $5 for adults, $3 for students, $1 for children ages 7-11, Senior Citizens & children under 7 are free
- Reminders - NO outside food or drink and no backpacks are allowed into the stadium, no re-entry
- Senior Fees - Get a head start and pay your senior fees TODAY - Full details are in the flyer. Fees can ONLY be paid online at the low price of $55 through October 31st.
- Student Drop-Off Procedures - if you are dropping off your child/children in the morning, please read through our procedures to ensure the safety of all students, staff, and drivers.
Information About Bus 2316
Details about the status of bus 2316 and the students riding that bus is available in the following letter. Students have been notified and the situation has been discussed with them.
Information About Changes in AP Exams
There are some big changes coming this year in regards to AP exam registration and payment. We will be utilizing a new registration platform on the College Board website call myAP Classroom Students will be given a join code by their AP teachers in order to access the new registration platform. In addition to this change in platform, College Board has also changed the deadline for students to register for their AP exams. QOHS AP students will need to register for their AP exams by November 4, 2019. If a student does not register by this deadline, there will be a $40 late fee charged in addition to the exam fee for each exam ordered after the deadline date. Links for materials from the College Board explaining more about the registration process and the reasoning for changing the registration timeline are available online in English and Spanish. We will have more information to share regarding the payment process in the near future. If you have further questions regarding AP registration, please contact Ms. Lyon in counseling or Ms. Nicholsonin the media center.
Grade Level Assemblies
Looking for some information from the assemblies on September 5th? You'll find all the information in the links: Class of 2020, Class of 2021, Class of 2022, and Class of 2023.
Students can access resources shared during past QO.U classes by clicking here.
Student and Parent Portal
Need to access the MCPS Parent Portal or MCPS Student Portal, need more information about this - get all the details the the myMCPS Information Page. This page has information about setting up your account, what you can access via the portal and detailed instructions for using the portal. To access grades and class information through the MCPS Classroroom go to https://mcpsmd.instructure.com and to access attendance and long term information go to the Student/Parent portal https://portal.mcpsmd.org/public/. If you are having issues with your account or need your login information, please contact Mrs. Jennifer Nicholson, Media Specialist, via email to Jennifer_R_Nicholson@mcpsmd.org.
Students in need of Student Service Learning hours can look for current opportunities on the bulletin board in the red hallway on the first floor and sign-up for text or email reminders from remind.com - sign-up by texting @mrstshel to 81010. You may also look on the MCPS SSL website to view ongoing opportunities. All opportunities with a purple graduation cap are already approved by MCPS. If there is no graduation cap make sure you submit the Individual Student Service Learning Request form prior to serving your volunteer hours. See Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities. More information can be found here.