MCPS Policies & Regulations
About Policies and Regulations
It is the responsibility of the Montgomery County Board of Education Policy Management Committee to meet and develop or revise MCPS policy as necessary. The committee meets with appropriate staff to develop a draft policy (or to make revisions to policy) which it then presents to the Board for discussion and action.
View a chart to see how the policies and regulations process works from start to finish.
Policies Available for Public Comment
As policies are developed or revised, the public is urged to provide input. Please review the proposals below and submit comments to the Superintendent by the designated due date.
Current Policies for Public Comment
Policy FEC, Mandatory Submission of Plans for Major Capital Projects
On April 14, 2015, the Board of Education tentatively adopted Policy FEC, Mandatory Submission of Plans for Major Capital Projects. The policy provides for the submission of construction plans to the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission and/or the Montgomery County Planning Board, as required by law. The policy has been renamed Policy FEC, Mandatory Referral Review Requirements for Major Capital Projects, and formatted to align with current policy format. Further updates include clarification of the Commission and Planning Board designation.
Copies of the draft policy, Policy FEC, Mandatory Referral Review Requirements for Major Capital Projects, are available through the Public Information Office by calling 301-279-3391 or by clicking on the above link.
Individuals who wish to provide comments should respond in writing by June 12, 2015. All responses should be sent to the Office of the Superintendent of Schools, 850 Hungerford Drive, Rockville, Maryland 20850 or to the Board of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be shared with the Board of Education and the Superintendent of Schools.
Most Recently Updated Policies and Regulations
- Policy JHC, Child Abuse and Neglect was revised June 29, 2015.
- Regulation FAA-RA, Long-Range Educational Facilities Planning was revised June 8, 2015.
- Regulation JEC-RA, Student Withdrawals from Classes and School was revised 5/21/2015.
- Regulation DIE-RA, Travel for Montgomery County Public Schools(MCPS) Purposes was revised 4/24/2015.
- Policy GIH, Funding Other Postemployment Benefits was revised April 14, 2015.
- Policy GHC, Salaries and Other Benefits of Administrators and Supervisors, Business and Operations Administrators, and Teacher-Level Employees was revised April 14, 2015.
For questions regarding policies and regulations, call Maureen McNamara at 301-279-3538.
The Policy Unit, a division of the Office of Shared Accountability, maintains the policies and regulations website.