Physical Education & Health Department Staff
- Mrs. Gerrie- PE 6 & 8, Health Ed.
- Ms. Goodrich- PE 6 & 7, Health Ed., Success
- Mrs. Wiegand, Health 8
- Mr. Willett- PE 6, 7, & 8, Health Education
Physical Education & Health Curricular Information
Each student is required to participate in the physical education program. Students participate in a variety of team and individual sport activities to develop the social skills of teamwork, sportsmanship, and cooperation within a framework of physical activity.
All students are asked to bring in the following materials for Physical Education classes:
- A change of clothing (school colors preferable, but must be clothing appropriate for physical education). These should be marked with the student’s name with a permanent marker.
- Sneakers with laces. Shoes that slip on are not permitted.
- Sweatshirts and sweatpants. These will be needed when cooler weather begins.
- Students are reminded that aerosol deodorant is not permitted.
Students also participate in a nine-week health education program which includes curriculum on mental health; tobacco, alcohol, and drug use; personal and consumer health; disease prevention and control; family life and first aid.
Physical Education & Health News and Notes