|Principal: Ryan D. Forkert
Assistant Principal: David Nguyen
School Hours: 9:00 am to 3:25 pm
|| Address: 6201 Tilden Lane, Rockville, MD 20852
Phone: (301) 230-5914
Fax: (301) 230-5917
A Message From The Principal
I hope all of our Luxmanor families have a great
summer! Good luck to all of our students who will not be returning next
school year. I look forward to seeing all of our returning students and
families in August!
Luxmanor Vision Statement
children will receive the respect, encouragement and opportunities they need to
build the knowledge, skills and attitudes to be successful, contributing
members of a global society.
School Mission Statement
The Luxmanor school community will provide a high-quality, world class education that ensures success for every child through dedicated teaching and learning.
The Luxmanor Summer Reading
Challenge is Back! All current students in grades K-4th are
encouraged to read all summer and try to get to a million minutes by August 31st!
The Summer Reading Challenge packet will be distributed during the last week of
school but you can download additional logs and information here. The student in each grade who reads the most minutes will receive a prize at a Back to
School assembly in September! Remember the best way to get better
at reading is to READ longer and stronger! Good luck and have a wonderful
Luxmanor students have been busy learning new math skills
and concepts all year. Mastery of these skills is extremely important in
developing a solid math foundation. In order keep those skills sharp over
the summer, we are providing students with a summer math packet. While
completion of this packet is not mandatory, it is highly recommended.
The design of the summer math packet is meant to support
Montgomery County Public Schools Curriculum 2.0 in both content and
presentation. The activities are not meant to be done as independent
problems, but are to be worked on with a parent, guardian, or older
sibling. Discussion is an important component to Curriculum 2.0
All packets are due on Friday, September 4, 2015.
Students who complete the entire math packet will receive a certificate and
reward. Students should be sure to include their first and last names and
new teacher for the 2015-2016 school year on the front cover of the packet.
Please contact Kate Bradshaw (Luxmanor Staff Development
Teacher) with any questions or concerns.
Summer Math Packet--Students Entering 1st Grade
Summer Math Packet--Students Entering 2nd Grade
Summer Math Packet--Students Entering 3rd Grade
Summer Math Packet--Students Entering 4th Grade
Summer Math Packet--Students Entering 5th Grade
Summer Math Packet--Students Entering 5th Grade Compacted Math
Want to get a jump on the upcoming school year? Teachers have prepared a list of school supplies that they would like students to have.
Attention PTA members:
Luxmanor Bylaw Revision Information
- Submissions should be sent directly to the Bylaw Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- DO NOT send any correspondence to any individual committee member personal email address, we will NOT respond to them.
- Submissions should be sent as a pdf attachment to your email, limited to 1 PAGE per suggestion of revision.
- There is no limit on the number of bylaws you would like to suggest be revised.
- Submissions should be structured in the order provided, with the noted headings as follows:
1. Name and date of submission.
2. Quote the current bylaw (you would like to revise), as the current template states, and include the article and section, etc.
3. State your suggestion of revision.
4. Rationale for your suggestion of revision.
- Please review the copy of the most current template to base your revisions.
- Important to remember that any article with an “#” next to it CANNOT be revised.
- We will, as a committee, reply to the sender that we received the submission, and if we have any questions, as a committee, we will contact them again.
- We will provide an additional page, to the “revision suggestion” pdf attachment, with our disposition (our decision and why) at the appropriate time.
Submissions are due by August 15, 2015, no submissions will be considered after the deadline.
An update on the process will be provided at the first PTA meeting of the school year
Joining the Listserv
We invite all parents and staff members to join the Luxmanor Elementary School Listserv. To join, follow the two steps below.
1. Review this PDF document.
2. Click this link and follow the steps. Refer to the the PDF document linked above if you have questions.
If you believe you have already joined but never responded to confirm, have never received a message from the list, or have any problems, contact the listserv moderators Stephanie and Robert Oshinsky.
How to Receive MCPS Emergency Information
Click on the flyer for ways to receive MCPS emergency updates.
Back to Top