Real Estate Management (REM) Team
NOTICE: ADOPT-A-FIELD APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED BY COMMUNITY USE OF PUBLIC FACILITIES (CUPF)
The Real Estate Management Team advocates for the real estate interests of Montgomery County Public Schools through effective management practices, and identifying revenue and cost reduction opportunities. REM supports the Department of Facilities Management mission in providing a high quality learning and work environment for students and staff.
- Land acquisition for adequate school sites at no or minimum cost.
- Right-of-way acquisition and dedication for utilities and road improvements in support of school construction.
- Property management, including leasing surplus classroom space for child care, leasing pad sites for telecommunications and relocatable classrooms, monitoring property boundaries for encroachments.
- Negotiation of memoranda of understanding and other agreements in partnership with state and local agencies, community and athletic groups for the benefit of schools and community.
- Participation in regional land use master planning, subdivision review, school site selection, and office space planning for the benefit of schools and administration.
- Assurance that all MCPS real property interests are managed in the most cost-effective manner.
- Administration of program to ensure accurate revenue forecasting, expense monitoring, and tenant compliance that yields a balanced enterprise fund.
^ Back to Top