English | español | 中文 | français | Việt Nam | 한국어

Enrollment Information → Proofs of Age, Identity, Residency, & Immunizations

Proof of Age, Identity, Residency, & Immunizations

Verification of Student's Age (5 to 21)

Documents below are listed in order of preference. Official documents issued by governmental entities located in the United States of America should be used in place of documents issued by entities outside of the United States of America whenever possible.

  • Birth certificate
  • Passport/visa
  • Physician's certificate
  • Church certificate
  • Hospital certificate
  • Parent's affidavit
  • Birth Registration
  • Other legal or notarized identification

Identity of Person Enrolling Student and Relationship to Student

Person enrolling student must present official parent/guardian photo identification and proof of relationship to student. Anyone other than parent or legal guardian must complete Determination of Residency and Tuition Status (MCPS Form 335-73) and contact International Admissions and Enrollment at 240-740-4500.

  • Photo ID
  • Driver's license
  • Passport
  • Permanent resident alien card
  • Naturalization papers
  • Birth certificate
  • Court order
  • Separation or divorce decree

Acceptable Proof of Residency in Montgomery County

  • Homeowners: If homeowner, a copy of your current property tax bill. A copy can be obtained for a fee from the Montgomery County Department of Finance at 240-777-8950, or a free copy can be downloaded from Montgomery County Department of Finance.
  • Renters: If renting, a copy of your current lease (less than one year old). If lease is more than one year old, a copy of your lease and a current utility bill.
  • Shared Housing Residents: If living in shared housing, a notarized Shared Housing Disclosure (MCPS Form 335-74) and either a copy of the homeowner's current property tax bill or a copy of the renter's lease with whom the student and parent are living and other supporting documents. Supporting documents for shared housing must be in the name of parent/guardian at the address shown on Shared Housing Disclosure (MCPS Form 335-74). Three documents are needed.  Examples of acceptable supporting documents are: 
    • W-2
    • current pay stub
    • income tax return
    • two consecutive bank statements
    • medical bills
    • car registration
    • car insurance policy or bill
    • current utility bill
    • current phone bill
    • voter registration card
    • INS application
    • government or official correspondence at residential address
  • Homeless Residents: If homeless, information and forms can be found on the Enrolling Homeless Students page.

Anyone who is not a resident of Montgomery County must complete Determination of Residency and Tuition Status (MCPS Form 335-73) and contact International Admissions and Enrollment at 240-740-4500.

Physical Examinations and Immunizations

A physical examination is required for students entering Maryland public schools for the first time or transferring from a private school. The examination must be done within nine months before or six months after enrollment.

Please see the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene's Back to School Immunization Requirements (external site).

Acceptable Proof of Full Immunization Compliance

  • Maryland Immunization Certificate 896, or
  • Computer generated printout from doctor’s office