The Curriculum 2.0 (C2.0) Mathematics program develops a deep understanding of mathematics by building a strong foundation of number sense at the elementary level before moving into more advanced content.
Students who have a deep understanding of mathematics content
- make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- reason abstractly and quantitatively
- construct viable arguments and critique the
reasoning of others
- represent real-world situations with mathematical modeling
- use appropriate tools strategically (manipulatives, calculators, etc.)
- use definitions, calculations, and estimations with the appropriate level of precision
- look for and make use of patterns and structure
- and look for and express generalities within mathematics.
Students who deeply understand a mathematical concept are referred to as proficient in that concept. Proficiency is defined in the five intertwined strands of UCARE.